Chocolate Crazy Dog |Theobromide|

Our little girl is a bag of trouble, so what do you do when you find a bar of chocolate gobbled up? The first thing you do is check to see if it is milk or dark chocolate. If it is dark, you are likely in trouble, and if it’s light, less of a problem. Strangely Swiss milk chocolate probably has very little theobromide.

The darker the cacao, the more dangerous as it affects the heart, central nervous system and kidneys. Symptoms will occur from 4 to 12 hours after your dog has eaten chocolate and will vary depending on the amount of chocolate (theobromine) your dog has eaten. In our case, she consumed 1% of her total body weight which has no effect on her whatsoever.


Categories: Kitchen Facts

Tagged as: ,